Yoga Mala : 108 Sun Salutations
New Year’s Day | Spring Equinox | Autumn Equinox
Join the Sat Nam Yoga Community in this glorious practice of 108 Sun Salutations-Surya Namaskar A – Gian Arjan will lead us through 9 rounds of 12, each round with a different dedication for the year ahead.
Why 108 repetitions?
- 1 represents God or our higher Truth. 0 = Emptiness or selflessness in spiritual practice. 8 = Our divine infinite connection.
- There are said to be a total of 108 energy lines converging to form the heart chakra. One of them, sushumna leads to the crown chakra, and is said to be the path to self-realization.
- Some say, there are 108 feelings, with 36 related to past, 36 related to present, and 36 related to future. There are nearly 108 different interpretations…
- We do 9 rounds of 12 because there are 12 constellations, and 9 arc segments called namshas or chandrakalas. 9 x 12 = 108.
- In astrology, there are 12 houses and 9 planets. Again, 9 x 12 = 108.
- The diameter of the sun is 108x the diameter of the Earth. 9 is the limit of all numbers, all others existing and coming from the same. 0 to 9 is all you need to make up an infinite amount of numbers. 108 salutations in 9 rounds of 12 is all we need to explore the infinity of ourselves. 🙂
Sacrifice the ego to receive and resurrect your own self into the domain of light. Let’s lean on the infinite in these finite circumstances, and in that we will find success in ourselves.
$25 Monthly Memberships